Working at Flathead Lake Lodge
What we do
We welcome each guest to the ranch as if we were welcoming them to our own home. It’s a very special feeling. We encourage all staff members to engage, dine and build relationships with the families who choose to vacation with us. This is a very unique and important element to working at Flathead Lake Lodge. It truly is hospitality at it’s roots.
Who we are and who we’re looking for
The Lodge combines a fun Western atmosphere with top rated hospitality. We work as a team to provide the best vacation experience to our guests. Employees are hired for specific positions; however, everyone is expected to help out in all areas as needed. Nightly events such as barn dance, steak fry, and staff vs. guest volleyball are set up for both guests and staff to enjoy together.
Mission – Forging relationships through authentic experiences
Vision – To provide excellence in hospitality; built on western family values
- We are Fun
- We are Willing to do whatever is needed
- We have the Durability to consistently meet expectations
- We are Effective at driving results
- We are Genuine
- We’re here to serve others with Selfless leadership
- We will post available positions for the 2018 Guests Season on December 11th, 2017. Only complete applications which include resume, transcript, and 2 references will be reviewed
- Phone and Skype Interviews will begin January 8th, 2018
- Last application will be accepted until we are fully staffed
- The majority of our positions will be filled by March 15th, 2018
- Our Ideal Candidate
- All positions require a positive attitude, an excellent work ethic, an outgoing personality, and the physical stamina to work long hours. We are looking for staff members who get along well with others and who are looking for a rewarding summer work experience.
- The Employee Experience
- A summer spent at Flathead Lake Lodge is an unforgettable experience. Perhaps one of the most special things about the lodge is the diverse group of people that you will meet while working here. Staff and guests alike come to the lodge from all over the country and the World. Over the course of the summer, our employees form lifelong friendships with people from all walks of life. At the end of the summer, our employees walk away with knowledge and skills that they may not have had the opportunity to learn otherwise.
- Room and Board
- The ranch provides on-site room and board for all employees at a nominal monthly fee, which includes housing and 3 meals a day. Employee housing is shared with other employees in a dormitory style setting. No pets allowed.
- Getting Here and Getting Around
- Employees are encouraged to bring their own vehicle as we have parking available. For those of you who don’t Flathead Lake Lodge does provide a ranch vehicle for local trips.
- Amtrak is also an easy way to get to the ranch. The Amtrak Station in Whitefish, Montana is only 45 minutes from the Lodge and shuttle service is provided.
- Glacier International Airport (FCA) is 35 miles from the ranch. Transportation for incoming and outgoing employees is provided.
- For FUN
- During time off, employees enjoy many of the same activities as our guests. Horseback riding, waterskiing, wake boarding, stand up paddle boarding, sailing, fishing, hiking, tennis, and volleyball are all activities available to our staff. Many employees will explore the surrounding area on their time off by visiting Glacier National Park, whitewater rafting, hiking, and spending time in the surrounding towns of Bigfork, Kalispell, and Whitefish.
Jobs we typically hire for:
Wranglers, Wait Staff, Cooks, Housekeepers, Front Office, Activity Guides, and more!